Earning your FDP Charter is a simple process that was designed for today’s busy professional. After you decide you are interested in participating in the FDP program, take the following steps:
After you register for the exam:
- Carefully read the entire Candidate Handbook.
- Create your FDP Profile. Creating your profile is free and ensures you stay up to date on study tools and industry news. You can delete your profile at any time.
- Receive and read the FDP Study Guide.
- Register for the FDP exam and purchase the exam from the FDP Institute.
- Reserve Your Exam Seat
- Note: November 2019 candidates can reserve a seat today but have to complete their prerequisites by October 31, 2019!
- Complete the prerequisite courses from one of the approved providers by October 2019
- Upload the prerequisite certificates awarded to you by the provider to your FDP profile. Following verification of your certificates, you will be invited via email to schedule your exam seat.
- Obtain the Curriculum readings for the FDP Exam.
- Read the Study Guide. For each topic, the study guide contains learning objectives and keywords that define the curriculum content that is eligible for inclusion on the exam.
- Study for the exam. Along with the study guide, the FDP Institute provides sample questions to assist you in understanding the FDP curriculum in preparation for the exam.